Friday, November 6, 2009

PLEASE PLEASE! can a dentist help me! i'm so confused!?

Well, today i got two bits of metal on the back of my two front teeth because my teeth are kinda like these in the sense that my front teeth hide my bottom teethhttp://www.bracesbyberry.com/images/over... (the first picture) and my front teeth are even longer! And i don't understand why this metal ledge thing that my back teeth now purch on will help, because surely when they take them off, my bottom teeth will slide under my front teeth completly again. I wish i could show you what i mean! And if you understand what i'm talking about, also there will be gaps in between my top molars and my bottom molars and just a gap in between my top and bottom jaws so they don't sit nicely and neatly. I'm sorry to rabbit on so, but i'm very concerned! Also how long do you reckon i will have to keep these of for? Thank you sooo much!!! I don't yet have braces, because i'm on a waiting list to get two teeth taken out, and my orthodontist says this needs to be fixed first. thankyou :D

PLEASE PLEASE! can a dentist help me! i'm so confused!?
Hi, first of all the two pieces of metal that you have are called bites turbo's the function of these pieces is to open the bite when you close over them the posterior bite is force to be open and don't fit this will produce a movement of all your teeth's the upper an lower posterior teeth will try to contact each other and this will produce that your anterior inferior teeth change their position and over the time with the use of the braces your front teeth will not protrude or hide your inferior front teeth, at the end of treatment all your teeth will be changed,just let the orthodontist do their job.
Reply:They're probably just starting your orthodontia. My son just got braces for an overbite too and they put bands on his top back teeth to start with some wire that arched between them, then the next month they put on the top braces. They still haven't done anything with his bottom teeth but I think they will. Did you have anyone go to the appointment with you? Maybe they could explain the long-term treatment plan to you.



myspace images

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting