Friday, October 23, 2009

Do I have dentin exposed?

I take very good care of my teeth and have a nice smile, but I believe I brush too hard? I have noticed some of my side teeth on both sides top and bottom I can put my fingernail on top and feel a space between my gum and the tooth? I took a picture and the picture shows the gaps yellowish. So I did research, my gums are healthy, I believe it is Dentin that is exposed because I do get sensitivity with cold foods or liquids. Can it be fixed by filling in? and is this very costly?? I am very worried and I obssess over my teeth and don't want anything wrong or ugly with them. Also I am on a tight budget. Please any info on repair and cost would be appreciated.

Do I have dentin exposed?
Yes, it apppears that the dentin is exposed and of course it is easily manageable with a simple filling....it is absolutely a painless brief procedure. But please pay attention to your brushing technique henceforth to avoid any such "abrasions" on other teeth..When you are brushing your teeth with proper technique, then there are no chances of brushing the teeth too hard or too soft...it'll be just the optimum pressure....


Take care!!
Reply:yes. it is very likely that the dentine is exposed.





dentine is yellower in colour and exposed dentine causes sensitivity when you take hot/cold food or suguary drinks.





this is because the dentine has microspcopic tubules that has nerve endings in close proximity to them. osomotic movement of water occurs when there is food/drink in contact with the tooth. this disturbs the nerve endings and sensitivity is felt.





do replace exsisting toothpaste to those types used for sensitive teeth. these types of toothpaste has got protective ions that can clog up tubules of the dentine and relieves sensitivity.



windows installer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting