Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Clear braces/bands and baking soda?

I don't get it... I avoid coffee/tea/mustard/any red sauce/curry/smoking, etc. I brush AND rinse with whitening rinse after every meal. And still the bands around my clear braces turn yellow after just a week. It's so embarassing. I've looked at pictures from far away it just looks like i have nasty teeth. I have read a few places that if you make a paste with peroxide and baking soda and use that at night it'll keep the bands clear for longer. Has anyone ACTUALLY done this? So far all I've heard is "I hear it works" not "I used it and it works" Or if anyone else has any tips at all please send them my way! I still have 11 months to go! UGH!

Clear braces/bands and baking soda?
Hi there the baking soda would work ( I SUFFER WITH SAME PROBLEM STAINED TEETH ) i have used baking soda and has turned my teeth about two shades whiter but i have incredibly sensitive now as the enamel has ore off. I would advice getting colored elasics or invasilign but whatever u do go for something like invasilgn or pearldrops or a really good whitening paste butdo not try the baking soda u will regret it as it will give u sensitive teeth if u already have sensitive teeth it will worsen it so just ask ure ortho for elastics so u an change them








hope this helped Cee* Bee*
Reply:never actually tried it but i wouldnt bother with it to be honest.


i ate curry the day i got new rubber bands on mine and they were yellow for the following 6 weeks until i got new ones. no one cares. you will obviously notice it more than anyone else.


and even if they notice it people will forget.


some people dont even remember me when i had braces.


its not like theyre exactly gunna be like "ooh remember that girl with the yellow teeth..."


get real.



Visual Arts

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting