Sunday, March 14, 2010

Had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago, seems to be a tooth coloured mass in the socket, could it be regrowth?

Had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago, everything seems fine with it so far. It is not a baby tooth and it shouldn't grow back. It is a tooth that is just next to a molar so it is hard to see up into the socket as there is teeth in front of it. I tried looking as far as I could and at that I can barely see in but I saw a colour that looks the same as my other teeth. How long does it take for a tooth to grow back like that and what else could it be? It is far inside the extraction hole so I can only see it barely. Tried poking my phone in there to get a picture but all i get is a blur so its hard to tell. It is the exact same colour as my other teeth.

Had a tooth extracted 2 weeks ago, seems to be a tooth coloured mass in the socket, could it be regrowth?
Permanent teeth do not regrow, if it was an additional tooth (supernumary) then it should have come up on the radiographs, and your dentist should have been aware of it prior to the extraction. I would go back to the dentist/ surgeon and have it looked as there is a possibility of infection if it will not heal or if a foreign object has gotten entered the cavity. If you fear infection you may want to try rinsing with warm salt water. Alcohol containing mouthwash may cause discomfort.
Reply:hello


it probably is a piece of the tooth that your dentist pulled out that was left behind. Don' worry, go to your dentist and he'll pull it out with minor discomfort for you.



family nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

teeth Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting